Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pain Scale - 15

I normally write in this blog at night but I woke up with such pain that I just wanted to document it. On a pain scale of 1-10 I have a 15! Seriously-it is bad. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who will give me massages without complaining. Although it hurts to be touched, the massages actually do help a little. I was so stiff this morning and I couldn't move and John was able to work some of that stiffness out so that I feel a little more mobile although the pain is still there. I'll eat something soon so that I can take my pain meds. I went to the doctor yesterday because my feet and ankles were really swollen. They have never gotten like that before so I thought that maybe it was my blood pressure but it was normal. He also did a chest x-ray to make sure that I didn't have any fluid in my lungs, which came back normal. I know that sometimes FMS can cause swelling but I have never had it like this. The doctor thinks it is one of my medications so he gave me something to take for a couple of days to reduce the swelling and that if it starts happening frequently he may consider changing one of my meds. I have tried a lot of natural things and alternative treatments but the haven't worked on me. I just feel like a walking pharmacy and I hate having to take so many meds but like I have said before, I am still trying to find the right combination for me. I have been taking B-12 and D3 which has helped me a lot. My B-12 was extremely deficient and it will still be a few months until I am at a normal level but at least it is increasing. That has helped some with my energy. The vitamin D I was taking in a higher prescription dose but now they have me at OTC D3 2000 IU /day. Vitamin D is good for everyone and a lot of us seem to be deficient these days but Vitamin D also helps people with pain from chronic illness, arthritis, etc. I do think that it has helped me.
Today I am just going to take it easy so that I can attend to my plans for tomorrow and Friday that I really don't want to miss out on.

No comments: