Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bad Month

November has always been my worst month with my fibro. I don't know why. You would think it would be the weather but this year it has been unseasonably cold, it feels more like January, so I don't think that the temperature has anything to do with it. The fact that is is always in the month of November, not October or December, but November seems interesting. If I look back at the last few years, when I was working I always missed at least a week of work around mid-November and that's when I had a lot of doctors appointments. Another thing is that I love to go to the Southern Christmas Show every November. For several years in a row I could not go because of my fibro. I was able to go last year with my mom for the first time in years. We made it but we couldn't see the whole show because I had to leave due to pain and fatigue. This year I was able to go again with Jennifer and Payton and it was much better for me. When we got there the stroller was missing from Jennifer's car and I felt so bad for Jennifer because that place gets so crowded and it is so hard to keep up with a two year old. That was on Thursday, yesterday I was miserable. I had the worst headache I have had in a long time, my feet were abnormally swollen again and painful. The diuretic that my doctor prescribed didn't seem to help much with the swelling yesterday. Last night was our Fab Five girls night out and I wouldn't miss that for anything so although I felt terribly bad I went and had a good time with my friends although by 9pm I was ready to go home and lie down. We all left around 10:00 which is early for us but we still got to celebrate Lisa & Beth's Birthdays. I can't say this enough I have the greatest friends in the world and I feel so fortunate to have these very special people in my life. Today I am feeling a little better than yesterday but not much. I will just try to take it easy. I have already had to pee twice since I started writing this. The diuretic that I am taking is so powerful, as soon as you leave the bathroom you have the urge again to pee. I am trying to wait at least 5 minutes between times so I don't have to go every 2 minutes. Well, gotta go again so I guess I will end here for now.

No comments: