Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays


I can't believe Christmas is 2 days away. Luckily I am feeling much better today than I have in a long time.
It has been a terrible last couple of weeks with excruciating pain and fatigue. I went to the doctor and he thought that I might have shingles but I never did develop a rash so I guess it is what it is-part of this mysterious illness that feeds off of me.
I just wanted to say how thankful I am for my wonderful parents who have been there for me always. They try to help me as much as they can. Although they are older, I feel terrible because they are taking care of me instead of me taking care of them. Fortunately my parents are very active and have quite a social life too :) I know that when the time comes and they need me to take care of them, no matter how I feel physically, I will be there for them.
I am also thankful for my wonderful friends, especially Brenda, Lisa, Beth & Robin (The Fab 5 we call ourselves) for they are the greatest in the world. Lisa came to visit last night and I was feeling a little down but she really cheered me up and I think it is because of her that I feel better today. It's like my whole attitude changed and it made me realize that friendship is the greatest gift of all and my friends always have enough friendship to offer me and I always have enough friendship to offer them.
Since I am feeling better, I am going to attempt to cook a traditional Cuban Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow evening for John and my parents. On Christmas day I believe we are going to go over to Jennifer's for Payton's 3rd Christmas.
If I don't return before then I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: