Friday, September 11, 2009

Escape


I know I am not the only one who has ever just wanted to "get away." I'm pretty sure everyone has experienced this.
I tend to get overwhelmed at times and want to escape, just for a while. Not really a Calgon type of thing, but to just go somewhere by myself, away from everyone, with no contact, just my myself. I have been feeling like that for the last few days. No specific reason, but it is definitely not the first time.
In the past, whenever I would get like this, I would just tell everyone, that I wanted to be alone and not to worry and I would book myself a room in the finest hotels in Charlotte (Yes- I did this more than once) and just basically chill. Nothing special about the room. Maybe the fact that it was different or that I could enjoy room service, or that I didn't have to think about anything at all, at least not until check out time.
Some may say, referencing my previous post, that I did not want to face reality. That's fair to say, but like I said before I am realistic and I am not trying to avoid responsibility-- I just needed some "me" time. Yes it is an escape, but it was also a way to renew myself, and take that much needed break that I deserved. I never abandoned any responsibilities when I did this, I did however feel refreshed the next day.
Is this selfish? I don't think so, for I believe that we need to take care of ourselves before we can take care of anyone else. I have always been there for everyone and I love it, but sometimes I need a break.
I would love to do this now but of course it is financially impossible and I do realize that it is a waste of money when there are so many other ways to escape. Maybe not for 24 hours, but I have found such comfort in the beauty of nature.
My perfect escape would be to sit on a deserted beach, under a palm tree with a good book, but I don't really need to go that far. Every time I look through our big windows out at our backyard and see the beauty of the trees, and enjoy the company of the birds (& squirrels too), I couldn't ask for more. We had our backyard declared an National Wildlife Habitat because we enjoy taking care of our little friends and provide them with food & water & shelter, so believe me, our visitors are plentiful.
I know....Going off course again....
Some of my other escapes are photography & gardening-Very therapeutic for me.
There are so many ways to escape, even if its just for a while. Everyone has different methods & activities that help them. For me, being one with nature is what truly brings me peace.



2 comments:

3L said...

I think this has to be the cutest site ever... not just visually but your words are from the heart. Thank you for your comments and I hope to be back very soon.

LadyStyx said...

I could sooo go for a trip somewhere with just me and hubby. No dog, no family no other demands on our time....nothing but the two of us.